As part of our continued commitment to provide the latest technology and a more resilient service we will be upgrading our current Lync 2010 service to Lync 2013 on the 6th June.
- The new Lync deployment will be multi-site so will be more resilient to outages
- Improved mobile support
- Enhanced video call quality
- Communicate with Skype users
- Remote desktop support (after the remote desktop upgrades)
- Enhanced Lync Web App
Existing (SpiderGroup) Lync customers: What you need to do:
- During the upgrade window Lync services will be unavailable, if you’d like any of your numbers to be diverted to an alternative number during this outage please email support (Support at spidergroup.co.uk) by the 28th May with the number you’d like to use so this can be arranged.
- We will contact you with any DNS changes that are required, if we don’t have control of your domain already.
- If you have any Lync meetings scheduled during the outage window these should be re-arranged.
- If you use the Lync mobile client you will need to update to download the 2013 version (it’s free) from the App store and use this from the 7th June.
- Any Lync meetings you have scheduled after the 6th June will need to be amended with new conference details, we have a tool which will do this automatically and our Support desk can help you with this process.
- During the upgrade process your current contact list may be emptied so you may need to re-add your contacts.
Not a Lync customer?
If you have any questions about Lync, would like more information or would like to trial the new version, please send Bryan an email (Bryan.Parsons at SpiderGroup.co.uk).
As with any major update there may be small teething issues, we would ask that you let us know via email if you are experiencing issues.
The Lync upgrade has been scheduled for Friday 6th June 6pm until Saturday 7th June at 8am.
We thank you for your patience and look forward to hearing what you think of the new version!
For more information, call us on 0117 933 0570 or fill in our contact form and we’ll get back to you.