CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management, which basically means it manages how a business interacts with its customers.
The CRM market is quite saturated, so it can be daunting, especially as this tool looks after most of your businesses sales and retention: Choosing the right one is a huge decision.
Step One: Decide whether you actually need one! The benefits are vast, though it depends on your current system and the size of your customer database.
Some of the benefits:
- Increased sales; through improved contact; better timings and by predicting needs based on historic trends
- Identify needs more effectively by understanding specific customer requirements
- Cross-selling other products by highlighting and suggesting alternatives or enhancements
- Identify which of your customers are profitable
- Send e-mails within a CRM solution and track in-coming e-mails
- Attach follow up tags against telephone calls and e-mails
- Ability to run marketing campaigns in specific CRM’s
- Ability to export information into MS Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and other MS platforms
CRM’s exist to optimize a business and to act as a reminder for chase-ups. Dependent on which solution you go for, most, allow users to easily import and export information via Excel files for marketing campaigns at the push of a single button.
Others allow users to run custom reports e.g. if you have a sales pipeline, a report can be produced to show which was successful and which you should come back to at a later date.
Where are they held?
Most CRM’s are hosted, which means that the information is held within the CRM and monitored by your CRM provider.
Most CRM’s such as Dynamics 4.0 by Microsoft, allow companies to setup users and define individual privileges.
Each CRM can differ but if you have a question, feel free to pop a comment below and we will try our best to help you out.
What should I ask my new CRM provider?
- How do you import my contacts? Do you need it in an excel spread sheet via CD form?
- What security measures do you have in place for my information?
- Who has access to my database on your CRM solution?
- Is it backed up? If so, how often?
Customer Relationship Management takes care of your customers, whilst generating new leads; it can be vital in the growth and development of your business.
Which do you use?
For more information, call us on 0117 933 0570 or fill in our contact form and we’ll get back to you.